Hi Reader! I hope you’re doing well and reading some good books out there. At the start of the year I shared 5 reading challenges I will be doing and so this is me checking in. I want to say, I am quite happy with how many books I managed to tick off my list.
The books in order of how I read them
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith. I had such high expectations for this book and it ended up disappointing me. Read my review here.
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo. I really enjoyed this one. I did struggle getting into it at first but then it picked up and became a favorite. Read my review here.
- Stay With Me by Ayobami Adebayo. Reader, believe the hype! I remember reading this book in one sitting and absolutely loved it. Read my review here.
- Room by Emma Donoghue. This was a second chance read and I am so glad I picked it up again. Read my review here.
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennet. I did like this book well enough but I wasn’t amazed or surprised as the hype suggested. Read my review here.
- Milkman by Anna Burns. Never have I been exhausted by a book as much as this one did. Read my review here.
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. Phew! Just read my discussion post here. That is all.
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I quite enjoyed this book and I’ll have my review up next year.
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien. What an amazing, insightful read this is. Loved it! Read my review here.
And that’s it for my list. I do have some more books from the shortlist but those will be read next year.
Do you see any favorites? Any on your tbr? Do let me know in the comments