A long time reading project is Reading Like Rory did in the Gilmore Girls by getting through all the 339 books she reads in Gilmore Girls. This year I managed to read 8 books and that is what I want to share with you today.
The Books In Order of How I Read Them
- Lady Chatterly’s Lover by D.H Lawrence. A book that is considered scandalous that had me shocked over and over.
- A Room With A View by E.M Forster. A speculative read that had me hooked.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffeneger. I managed to read 75 pages before I decided to give up on it. I just wasn’t enjoying it.
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. A short read that packs a punch.
- Franny and Zooey by J.D Salinger. I wasn’t really impressed by this one and I was bored to death.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. My first Khaled book and I really loved it. Read my review here.
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. A book with a gothic feel, vivid descriptions and morally grey characters that I absolutely loved.
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. As good as it is depressive. I quite liked it.
Ideally I would love to review all these books, and hopefully I will get to it in the coming year, but I am not making any promises.
Thank you for reading and I will see you in my next post! Remember to read something good today.