Good morning, Reader. Is it late for me to wish you a happy new year? Yes? No? Anyway, happy new year! I hope the start of the year was a good one for you and that you’re staying safe and being gentle with yourself.
As usual my first post of the year is my reading and blogging intentions. I have 8 of the former and 4 of the latter so let’s get into it.
- Read my shelf. I have about 48 books on both my physical and kindle tbr and in as much as I’ll get new books, my main focus will be to read the ones I already own.
- Read 50 books. This is actually my goodreads challenge. I read 177 books in 2020 and this year I wanted to take it easy and half my challenge. (last year my goal was 100)
- Read more Kenyan Literature, essays and poetry.
- Explore new authors. On this list I have Daphné Du Maurier, Anthony Trollope, Jeniffer N. Makumbi, Elif Shafak, Rainer Maria Rilke, and Khaled Hosseini.
- Stick to my reading challenges. I have about 5 reading challenges I’m doing this year and I hope to complete. (I’ll have a post on this in a few days so look out for that.)
- Read out of my comfort zone. I want to try and read high fantasy and probably a book or two from the horror genre.
- Be conscious about the books I buy. I don’t have a book buying problem but I want to make an effort to actually buy books that I know I’ll read instead of having them sit on my shelf.
- Have fun with reading. That’s it.
- Get to my back list titles reviews. I have read some pretty amazing books that most happen to have been published way back and I want to share them with you, Reader.
- Review (more) classics. If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter then you know I read a lot of classics but for some reason I hardly have any of them reviewed on here. So that will change this year.
- Have a proper, workable blogging schedule and actually stick to it.
- Have fun with my blog and content.
So that’s it for my 2021 Goals. I wanted to keep them short and simple and I’m hopeful I’ll be able to achieve them.
Do you have any reading and/or blogging goals? Do let me know in the comments.