If you’re a bookstagrammer/book blogger and you don’t know about Nada aka Africaanah, then take a seat and let me introduce you to her. She’s one active bookie with in depth reviews and knows how to engage you. Honestly, she makes bookstagram fun for me and I always look forward to her posts.
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
A Sudanese, born and raised in the Middle East. I’ve always loved reading since I’ve learned my ABCs. I still remember my first book which was something about a duck wanting to have friends which got me hooked on reading ever since. I’ve recently also started loving the idea of book blogging, reading to review books and to recommend them.
2. What are you currently reading?
I’m currently buddy reading a Thriller called He said/She Said by Erin Kelly.
3. What is your favorite genre and why?
Thrillers and Mysteries for sure. I totally love the anticipation. That “sitting-on-the-edge” feeling and I love trying to guess what went on or who the killer is if there is one.
4. What do you think about the reading culture in Abu Dhabi?
It’s starting to grow even more. I remember when I was in school, we’d be sharing/swapping books all around and we’d spend our time reading on the school bus. I love how also nowadays, you’d find cafes filled with books and readers.
5. Name 3 reading habits that you have.
- I carry my current read everywhere. So that whenever I find myself waiting or free, I open up my book and get to read.
- I love a cup of java when I read. But not eating though, I don’t know how to read and eat.
- I’ve made it a habit to wake up early in the morning, where it’s super quiet which gets me to get the most reading done.
6. What is one book you recommend to people?
Hmm, that’s a hard one. I’d have to say Americanah by Adichie. That’s how I got my Instagram handle as I was totally obsessed with it.
7. Where can we find you?
Mostly on Instagram. I go by the handle Africaanah
You can also check out my book blog where you’d find most of my reviews there africaanahbookblog.com