I’m always excited to meet new bookish friends, and meeting Lexa was no different. A fellow Kenyan bookblogger, booktuber and bookstagrammer with a focus on Kenyan Literature, she’s also a delight and I want you to meet her as well. Enjoy! ❤️
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
I love to refer to myself as a woman of letters because my life revolves around words.I love to write and read as well.
I am also a nature enthusiast from where I draw all my writing inspiration.
2. What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading To sleep in a sea of stars by Christopher poalini with my two book buddies. Its actually my first time reading Scifi and oh my!😍 I am enjoying it so far.
Also I’ll be hosting The Meja Mwangi readathon from December 1st-15th with my dear friend, Soila.
(Link to the info doc is here)
3. What is your favorite genre and why?
I love love Literature but my heart also goes for historical fiction.
I just enjoy getting all aspects of our Cultures,beautifully crafted into stories that hold deep to our existence.
4. What do you think about the reading culture in Kenya?
The narrative is changing and I am really glad with how the Kenyan bookstagram community is upholding the culture. Kenyan is a really a reading country .
5. Name 3 reading habits that you have.
- I am a fast reader
- I talk about what I’ve read on my booktube channel
- I can read with music on.
6. Do you prefer tea or coffee? How do you take it?
Oh I love tea! Raspberry flavoured is my favourite
7. What is one book you recommend to people?
I recommend any book by Meja Mwangi but it will be amazing if everyone gets to read Kill me quick.