Happy Sunday! I’m here with another Coffee With Fay post, and today I have the pleasure of having Bill aka Kenyan_Library. We have been mutuals for a while now, and what stands out first when you look at his profile is pictures! I also quite enjoy his book recommendations and engaging captions.
Without further ado, let’s meet him…
1. Tell me a little about yourself.
Apart from my obsession with Literature, my name is Bill I’m a 20 something-year-old Kenyan who is trying to figure out life or cope with the idea of it through Photography, music and connecting with like-minded beings.
2. What are you currently reading?
At the moment I’m replying to this it’s A Little Life ( which ironically isn’t so little)
3. What is your favorite genre and why?
Contemporary Literary Fiction, I enjoy the idea of exploring human emotions and some aspects of realism but I usually dip in and out of other genres
4. What do you think about the reading culture in Kenya?
Before starting my Instagram account or Blog, I honestly felt like I was the only person who went everywhere with a book but I have come across passionate Kenyan readers and it’s been refreshing. I still believe that we have a long way to go in regards to limited bookstores and a neglected national library, we need to constantly talk about the value of books in building a solid society.
5. Name 3 reading habits that you have.
- When a book gets too intense, I tend to put it down for some stupid reason.
- When a quote moves me I always read out loud
- I have classical music playing in the background when I read *I hope I didn’t sound too pretentious*
6. What is one book you recommend to people?
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell ( even if it’s not for everyone) because of it’s exploration of human connection and deep insight about important issues
7. Where can we find you?