If you have been following Suckerforcoffe for a while now then you know I’m an avid fan of classics. I simply love them. So when Lucythereader announced the classics readathon I was so excited!
Essentially classicsathon is a year – long readathon where one will be reading as many classics as possible. You can set your own goals – or take part in the baseline challenge to read at least 12 classics during the year.
For this challenge I’ll be focusing more on my physical the which has 10 classics before I acquire more.
On my tbr is…
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (reread)
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- Tess of The D’urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- Jude The Obsecure by Thomas Hardy
- Emma by Jane Austen
- The Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm Volume I
- Moonfleet by William Falkner
- The Canterbury Tales by Chaucer
The aim of this readathon is to just have fun. If you are a fan of classics or want to delve into classics, then this challenge is for you.
Have you read any of these books? Thoughts?