Reader, this year I have managed to read amazing books written by brilliant authors. Some old, some new and today I want to share 9 from the new that I absolutely love(d). Alternative title, authors I’ll read anything and everything they write.
- Elif Shafak. I read Honour and my mind was blown. I then went ahead to pick The Forty Rules Of Love and I was obsessed.
- Kristin Hannah. I randomly picked up Home Front and was pleasantly surprised by how impactful it was and how much I loved it.
- E.M Forster. I didn’t see this coming at all. I found Forster to be laugh out loud funny and his books, the two I read, to be easy and light. I want more.
- Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi. What a brilliant, phenomenal author she is. I read Manchester Happened earlier in the year and recently finished Kintu and The First Woman and all I can say is read her books!
- Ayobami Adebayo. Stay With Me has really stayed with me and now all I can think about is her second novel coming out next year.
- Bernardine Evaristo. I am usually skeptical when it comes to hyped books but Girl,Woman,Other lived up to it. Now I want to get through her backlist.
- Ingrid Persaud. I have been recommending this book to everyone who would listen. I read it back in June on Scribd and I can’t stop raving about it. Soon as I get a physical copy I’ll have a review up.
- Buki Papillon. If there is a debut that stunned me this year it definitely has to be An Ordinary Wonder. A fave!
And that is my short list. These authors have made a significant impact in my (reading) life and I can’t even begin to say how much their books mean to me. I do plan to have reviews of the books I have read up in the coming weeks so look out for that. The ones I already have written have been linked so check them out.
Tell me about a new author or authors you have read from this year.