Reader, let’s take a look into the year that was 2021 in terms of reading. Let’s take a look, shall we?
- I read 200 books in 2021
- Fiction- 191
- Non Fiction – 9
- Backlist Titles (published in 2020 going back) – 161
- New Releases (published in 2021) – 39
- Pages Read – 58,414
- Average star rating – 3.4
DNF’D (Did not finish)
I dnf’d 4 books. I didn’t add this to my reading challenge because basically I didn’t complete them. This is the year I embraced leaving books that I am not enjoying and it has made me much happier.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- The Woman In The Window by A.J Finn
- The Eighth Girl by Maxine Mei- Fung Chung
- A Small Place by Jamaica Kincaid
- Physical books – 88
- Audio books – 64
- Ebooks – 48
Gender of Authors
- Female – 161
- Male – 38
- Non – binary – 1
Books Bought & Read
Bought 65 books and I have read 39 out of them
Books Gifted & Read
Got gifted 36 books and I have read 27 out of them
- 1 graphic novel
- 1 translated book
- Romance – 37
- Mystery / Thrillers – 28
- Classics – 20
- General Fiction – 17
- Literary Fiction – 14
- Historical Fiction – 13
- Domestic Fiction – 11
- Translated Fiction – 10
- Short stories/ Anthologies – 10
- Young Adult / Contemporary – 9
- Fantasy / Sci-Fi – 8
- Middlegrade / Kid lit – 5
- Graphic novel- 3
- Poetry – 3
- Crime Fiction – 3
ON THE BLOG
Top 5 Book Reviews
- Thursdays by Jackson Biko
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Manchester Happened by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
- The Havoc of Choice by Wanjiru Koinange
- Behold The Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue
Top 5 Blog Posts
- Rory Gilmore Made Me Do It
- 9 Books I Can’t Stop Thinking About
- 14 Book Clubs To Check Out
- 22 Bookish Podcasts
- 16 Women Authors I Would Love To Meet
The Musings Diary Podcast
The Something Bookish Podcast
Something Bookish Page
The Saturday Nation
Co-hosted a twitter space with Gathoni on all things fiction.
Was part of the team that launched the new Textbook Centre CBD Branch
Hosted the TBC bookclub on Girl, Woman, Other. Read my review here.
Attended the Soma Nami Bookstore Launch
Attendend two editions of the BookstaMeetKE hosted by Joan.
Joined an in person bookclub. I wrote about it here.
Had many bookish adventures with friends.
That’s it for my 2021. Thank you for reading, sharing and engaging with my content. You make this all worthwhile.
Until my next post, read something good today!