Hey loves! ❤
It’s the start of the year and I decided to kick off this year’s blog posts with my reading goals for 2019. I kept them short and simple and easy to manage.
- Read and clear all my unread physical unread books that I had before 2019. I have roughly around 22 books on my shelf that I owned before the new year and I want to finish them before I think of buying new ones.
- Read at least half the books on my kindle. I have 150 unread books on Kindle and if I could read at least half of them, I’d be a happy girl.
- Read more modern classics along my classic literature.
- Explore Kenyan literature. I realized I haven’t read much Kenyan authored books, which is such a shame, and I want to change that.
- Read essays and poetry.
- Continue with short stories. In 2018 I started reading short stories and I found that I enjoy them so much. Ps: I have 3 short stories reviews which you can find here, here and here
- Read 30 books for my Goodreads challenge. You may notice this is lower than my previous goals but I don’t want to put pressure on myself.
- Be active in book club reads and meetings. I want to be consistent with the TBC Book club which I’ll be talking more about in my 2018 year in review so watch out for that.
What are your reading goals for the year? Are you changing up your habits? Share with me in the comments.
Until my next post, Happy New Year! ☺