For the longest time I have been loosely in and out of book clubs because I just couldn’t settle for one. Rather, I didn’t find one that suited me. Heck, I even tried hosting one and it lasted 8 months before it died. Enter 2021 where I decided to actively look for a book club or two that I could stick to and take part in. Happy to report that I did find them.
As I share the book club book picks on my socials, as one does lol, I have on more than one occasion gotten questions on book clubs one can join. So I decided to do the homework for you guys and went in search for book clubs out there. I found 14 which I want to share with you. These are divided into 3 categories, the ones I am in, celebrity book clubs and book clubs recommended by you or that I have seen around.
Book Clubs I am In
- The Indulgent Bibliophile Book Club. I joined the Indulgent Bibliophile in February and let me tell you, it is the best decision I made this year. The book picks are amazing, the members are welcoming and engaging and we have the best host ever. Hi Amyn! The Indulgent bibliophile has a focus in African Caribbean and Asian Literature with such a diverse reading list. To join just head on here.
- Soma Nami Book Club. Reader, I found my first in person book club and I AM OBSSESSED! Soma Nami Book Club came up shortly after the bookstore, with a main focus of in African literature. As a result I have read some really amazing books and had the best of conversations with the other members. I tend to look forward to the end of the month for the meetings. To join simply head on to Soma Nami.
- Book of Cinz Book Club. I remember following Cindy early last year in an effort to read more Caribbean books. So far so good I am happy with the recs and found some of my best books from her page. Book Of Cinz Book Club has such an eclectic reading list which I love. To join just head on to bookofcinz and sign up
As Recommended By You
I do not have much information on these ones, so I’ll link their pages and profile and if it is one that piques your interest, message them on how to join.
- Bc_readers. For good reads, great food and honest reviews! Link
- Miss Swan & Co. Good books and good vibes. I joined them for their Kintu discussion and absolutely loved it. Link
- Text Book Centre Book Club. Something to note, you get 10% off on the book of the month for the whole month. A good way to save your coins! Link
- Chasingpaperbooks. Link
- Happynoisemaker. Link
- Booksandbeyondbookclub. Link
- The Feminist Book Club. Link
- Cheche books. Link
Celebrity Book Clubs
I would say that these are the easiest to join as they are purely on social media. Follow them, see the book they are reading for the month and read along.
There goes my list. With the new year coming up, I hope you get to join one or two book clubs and get to read some good books.
Are you in any Book Club? Tell me about it.