Hello, friends! Another readathon, another tbr this time, one based on one of my favourite TV shows. I recently finished all of the 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls + the revival and to say I’m obsessed is an understatement. When I saw a readathon based on the show, I was excited.
There are two ways to go about the readathon
i) Read as many books as you want from the Rory Gilmore Reading List
ii) Complete the 7 challenges set by the creators.
There’s a group read along where we’ll be reading Lauren Graham’s book Talking As Fast As I Can. Personally I’ll be doing a mixture of both options; instead of 7 I’ll do 5 prompts and read 3 books from the Rory List.
1. A book with a school setting: in honor of Yale and Chilton.
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carol
2. A mother/ daughter relationship book: in honor of our favourite mother/daughter relationship ever.
Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple.
3. A cozy book set during fall/winter: in honor of beautiful Stars Hollow & Lorelai smelling snow.
Dec the Holls by Jasinda Wild.
4. A book with complicated love interests: in honor of Rory, Dean & Hess.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
5. A book with food on the cover or is a crucial part to the storyline: in honor of Luke’s Cafe.
Murder On The Menu by Zanna Mackenzie.
From the Rory List I’ll be reading:
1. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
2. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
3. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
My goal is to have fun with the readathon & at the same time, clear my tbr. Win win situation if you ask me. Join in if you can! ☺
Have you watched Gilmore Girls? Thoughts?