It’s a beautiful Saturday afternoon, I’m sat at my desk writing this post and I’m getting excited all over again. A few days ago I told you, here, about the new Text Book Centre (TBC) branch that was coming to town.
Well, I had the pleasure of attending the launch and let me tell you, one word I can use to describe my experience is STUNNED! I had such a grand time there, I came back the next day just because I needed to experience that feeling all over again. If you’ve been there then you know what I mean, it you haven’t then please make a point of passing by, I kid you not you’ll love it!
Location and Operational Times
TBC CBD is located along Kenyatta Avenue on the ground floor of 680 Hotel, the prime central location makes it so convenient and accessible its hard to miss; and when you look through the window as you walk by you can’t help but just walk in. That’s what happened to my friend Annie!
The timings of the store are: Monday to Friday 7.30am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm and Sunday and Pub holidays 10am to 4pm.
- All through the month the TBC CBD store are having offers and deals that I couldn’t help take advantage off. From fictional books as low as ksh. 600, to kids books for as little as ksh. 100. Not to mention, TBC pricing is always fair and affordable so you know I had to take advantage of that!
- Seeing a copy of The Cousins by Karen M McManus on the shelves. I legit let out a small scream when I saw this book. If you remember last year I did a review of The Cousins as I had an early e-arc, I can’t wait to finally get a copy.
- The Store. The TBC store is stunning. Compact, brightly lit, well stocked and arranged shelves for easy access. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, the lovely staff are there on the ground to help at any point! The store is so beautiful that I foresee myself obsessively going there.
- I was the first customer! That, is something that I’ll always remember. I was the first person to make a purchase and it kinda felt good. The store now holds a sentimental value to me.
- I met some of you guys. Reader, I was ecstatic! I had the opportunity to engage with them, give personalised reviews and recommendations and it was so much fun. Thank you for coming, and giving me your time.
- The African Literature section. Are we really surprised that this is where I spend most of my time? It’s the first section you see when you enter the shop and I absolutely love that! Quite the enticing shelf if I do say so myself.
- The Fact that I found new releases, as recent as February, was a huge treat. Listen, if you’re a Kenyan reader then you know how frustrating it is waiting months/years to get a new release. Especially one you wanted now and then. Great job Text Book Centre.
- The books I got. It’s actually really difficult to enter TBC and not come out with something. I got anticipated reads that I can’t wait to dive in.
More Than A Bookshop
Text Book Centre is a one stop shop all. Not only will you find books, but there are school text books, art supplies, stationery and Technology! And the CBD branch is well stocked with all of these.
At TBC CBD there is something for everyone, the young and the old, artsy and crafty and the tech obsessed. Don’t believe me? Well, pass by and see for yourself.
If you’ve been to the TBC CBD, what is your favourite part in the store?
If you’ve not been there yet, what are you looking forward to?