When the year (2017) started, I made a short list of things I wanted to accomplish come December 2017. Looking back now, I can confidently say I did really well, and got almost all of them done. I did a similar one for 2016, in case you want to read it, check it out here.
Doing more with less. ✔❌
This is a little 50/50. Still working on it.
Read 35 books. ✔
I read 35 and more! Whoop!
Blog more. ✔
I managed to put up 42 posts. 42 posts you guys!!! That’s a lot for me considering I wasn’t even being consistent until the last month.
Stick to my work out routine. ❌
This was a massive fail. Tried for a bit but ended up giving up.
Feed my body, mind and soul with positivity. ✔
Did quite well on this and I’m still working on it.
Read out of my comfort zone. ✔
I tried non fiction and science fiction, quite liked it!
Read and complete a book series. ❌
I did not even try. I have a love hate relationship with series.
Stick to my planner. ✔
I did a very good job with this, it really helped with my being organized.
Grow my book collection. ✔
Books! Books! Books! I acquired some pretty great titles and enjoyed reading some!
On the blog
- As I mentioned, I managed to put up 42 blog posts. 19 of them are book reviews!
- I started a blog series, Coffee With Fay, where I get to talk to really awesome bloggers and readers. (post goes up every Sunday)
- I celebrated my 1 year blog anniversary. You can read that post here.
- I hit 200 followers.
- I garnered 2300+ views! (small achievement that I am really proud of)
To be honest, I didn’t expect to read as much as I did last year. I surpassed my reading goal, 35 books, and read 80. 80!!!! In that list I read some pretty amazing books that I believe everyone should read. Watch out for that post next week. ☺
- I started listening to podcasts and I’m currently obsessed! My favorite right now has to be Mostlylitpod, where they discuss books and pop culture.
- I got back to meditation and it has been really helpful.
- I finally came into terms that I am a hoarder.
- Ginger tea. Can’t. Stop. Drinking. It.
- I finally got a bookshelf. Thank you mama! ❤
- Local Wolves ~ an online and print publication delving into the most creative minds from the world of arts, entertainment and culture.
- The Tig. Even if it’s no longer there, it was a blog that I went to a lot and I’ll surely miss.
That’s it for my 2017, I hope 2018 is even better!
How was your 2017? Read some interesting books? Watched some great shows? Listened to good music? Picked up a hobby?
Tell me everything!