I read 80 books in 2017! That’s just mind blowing to me. I read great books, okay books and meh books among the list, and today I get to share with you my favorites.
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalinithi ~A raw, heartbreaking book. Nonfiction. I gave it 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent ~ Honest & pure, based on a true story. Historical fiction. I gave it 4.5⭐⭐⭐⭐ Read my full review here.
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton ~ Captivating, engaging, a page turner. I gave it 4⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie ~ An important story about family, tackles religion and traditional values. I gave it 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi ~ a book everyone should read. Heavy but important. Captivating. I gave it 3.5 ⭐⭐⭐
- Shanghai Girls by Lisa See ~ Raw & pure. A page turner. I gave it 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell ~ An intriguing story, captivating and very engaging. I gave it 3.5 ⭐⭐⭐
That’s my list in no particular order. I quite enjoyed these books and I highly recommend them. I do plan on reviewing them all so look out for that.
Have you read any of these? What did you think about them? What are you 2017 favorites? Let’s talk down below!